Interface Systems is a leading managed service provider delivering business security, managed network, UCaaS, and business intelligence solutions to distributed enterprises. We enhance security, streamline connectivity, optimize operations and reduce IT costs, maximizing ROI for the nation’s top brands. Our company vision is to enable enterprises to innovate faster and adapt to market forces. We bring this to life through our mission of inspiring B2C enterprises to deliver amazing customer experiences by safeguarding people and assets, enabling seamless connectivity solutions, and uncovering business insights.
Our mantra as a team is relentless customer support. We are passionate, and quite honestly obsessed, about delivering an amazing customer experience. We do this through fostering an Interface company culture for our employees focused around collaboration, commitment and fun. Come join our dynamic and growing team and make a direct impact in a company committed to growth and transformation, all in service of delighting our customers and our employees.
The Enterprise Support Agent position exists within Interface Security System’s Managed Network Operations Center. Interface provides these nationally recognizable clients with a diverse bundle of managed communications, networking, and security solutions. Those managed solutions include Internet, Phones, VPNs, WiFi, LAN switching, security alarm monitoring, and video services. It is the responsibility of the Enterprise Support Agent to engage with those clients and technologies directly.
The Enterprise Support Agent role was purposefully designed to play a key role in enabling a seamless client-driven support experience for these complex clients. As such, this role is made up of a hybrid of focused functions including technical network support for voice/data services, problem management, client relationship development, escalation support, cross-functional coordination, reporting/analysis, process innovation, and elements of project management.
This purpose of this position is to strengthen, distinguish, and enrich the clients’ overall support lifecycle experience. The chief duties of this role are to effectively engage directly with these enterprise network clients and their managed networks to align with their priorities/expectations and to drive their experience; meeting/exceeding the established SLAs and KPIs along the way. In doing so, this role is responsible for driving network restoration cycles, providing timely updates to key stakeholders, and transparently demonstrating the level of service required surpass expectations. This role functions both as an individual contributor, as well as a key member of a broader cross-functional support mechanism. As such, this role engages hands-on in network support cycles in some cases, while in others, coordinates and leads those efforts at various levels as required to deliver timely resolution.
· Lead practical, highly effective business, and technical communication cycles; both verbal and written.
· Effectively engage with a diverse internal and external audience. The client audience includes technical personnel, management, operations, support, and field resources. Internal teams include Field Operations, Logistics, Delivery, Account Management, Network, client service, and various vendors.
· Execute and/or guide logical network fault isolation processes; for example, a working understanding of Layer 1-3 networking fundamentals, demonstrated technical abilities supporting IP-based networks, voice services, associated network equipment, and variable network access types.
· Build and maintain enterprise-level client relationships to instill confidence in our product and life cycle management.
· Actively manage escalation cycles, conference calls, intensive client communication, and interpret/understand detailed client/network requirements.
· Effectively operate within a fast-paced environment and proficiently negotiate demanding client requirements.
· Recognize, identify, and prioritize support incidents in accordance with client business requirements, organizational policies, and operational impact.
· Categorize issues for escalation and assign to appropriate technical teams where required.
· Analyze open cases and/or chronic locations by proficiently applying a logical process of elimination for troubleshooting network services, top down. This includes network equipment, carrier circuitry, client wiring, client hardware, and software applications.
· Maintain contractual Service Level Agreements and conduct a root cause analysis around outliers to assist in instilling preventative measures with management.
· Secondary point of contact for client call and chat queue coverage as needed.
· Demonstrate technical proficiency with DSL/T1 circuits, Wireless technologies, CPEs, LAN/WAN, MPLS and IP networking configuration, troubleshooting, and fault isolation procedures.
Knowledge and Skill
· Excellent client service, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
· Strong working understanding of IP-based voice and data networking fault isolation fundamentals.
· Willingness to assume ownership and responsibility and seeing problems through to the end, and keeping all necessary parties informed throughout the process.
· Ability to work independently manage priorities effectively.
· Candidate must demonstrate exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Possess strong diagnostic and fault isolation techniques.
· Proficiency with all primary Microsoft Office and related software applications.
· Be a quick learner and possess a strong sense of self-motivation.
Education / Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred.
· Previous Enterprise, IT or Managed Service Provider Experience.
· Working knowledge of the OSI Model Layer 1 through Layer 3.
· Hands-on experience working with one or more of the following:
· Data networking, including TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ICMP, DNS, VPN, routing, bridging, and switching.
· Telecommunications technologies, including T1, DSL and Metro Ethernet.
· Networking devices, including routers, switches, firewalls, PBX and ATAs.
· Experience supporting voice services at some level.
· Experience working remotely with technicians in the field.
· Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
· Certifications related to IT/Network technologies a plus.
Shift/ Schedule Options
Interface Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment, or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.